Friday 17 June 2011

Andrea is starting Pilates instructor training today

"I've been pondering back and forth now for years, if I should add Pilates to my repertoire, sneezing a bit about the purely physical approach of the Pilates method, as opposed my beloved yoga, that hopefully one fine day will bring us spiritual enlightenment. So I googled a bit, and this is what I found, a quote from Mister Pilates himself:"

Contrology is complete coordination of body, mind, and spirit. Through Contrology you first purposefully acquire complete control of your own body and then through proper repetition of its exercises you gradually and progressively acquire that natural rhythm and coordination associated with all your subconscious activities.

 
"So it's not just about a flat tummy after all" (Though a flat tummy is of course a nice thing to have). 
Here is another one of his quotes:
"The acquirement and enjoyment of physical well-being mental calm, and spiritual peace are priceless to their possessors....[and] it is only through Contrology that this unique trinity of a balanced body, mind, and spirit can ever be attained."

- Joseph Pilates, Return to Life Through Contrology
Now, that sounds like yoga to me. I am getting more and more curious and will report more when I have recovered from my first training weekend.


No comments: