Sunday 19 June 2011

Update on Andrea's Pilates Instructor Course

    It's Sunday evening and I had an exciting weekend of Pilates instructor training. Thankfully, I am not as sore as I expected to be after many hours of discovering new ways of moving and using the muscles in my body. I admit it, I am a terrible Yoga snob and didn't care to learn much about other forms of physical refinement, but the fabulous Susan Church, our teacher, showed me the other side of the coin, as she put it, if Yoga is all about flexibility, Pilates is all about stability.
     That was an eye opener! So I stabilized my core like I never stabilized before, and it is very hard work indeed, maybe more so, since my body is formed and kind of trained towards yoga moves, yoga posture. I feel like I am gaining a brand new angle on how to move and use the body!
Karina and Eilish, fellow students


No comments: